Largest Cities in Kuwait
Facts about Kuwait
Official languages: Arabic, English
Capital: Kuwait City
Area: 17,820 km²
Population: 2.8 million people
Population density: 156.52 people per km²
Internet TLD: .kw
ISO codes: KW , KWT, 414
The country code for Kuwait is +965
Flag of Kuwait
The flag of Kuwait, which was adopted in 1961, is composed of three stripes in the traditional pan-Arab colors – green, white and red. In addition, there is a black trapezoid in the pole part of the flag. The official interpretation of the colors used is as follows: white represents our deeds, green our meadows, black our struggles and red our future stained with the blood of our enemies. Another interpretation, based on a popular Arabic poem, says that green represents fertility, white peace, red chivalry, and black the battlefield or sand blown up by Kuwaiti horsemen during the freedom struggle. Kuwait used to be part of the Ottoman Empire, but at the end of World War 1 there was a rebellion in which Kuwait, along with other states, gained independence.
Kuwait is in the Middle East. See Kuwait Location on World Map. After the Second World War, the country became the largest oil producer in the Persian Gulf. The modernization of the country and the development of a social system were financed with the large income. Of the roughly two million residents, only about 45% are Kuwait. The remaining 55% have immigrated from Iran, India, Pakistan, and many other – mainly Arab and Southeast Asian – countries and do not have Kuwaiti citizenship. The Palestinian support for Iraq during the Second Gulf War resulted in the displacement of the Palestinians from Kuwait in 1991. About 450,000 Palestinians were driven from Kuwait within a few days.
The country’s foreign policy is determined by the history and geopolitical location of the country between Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran. After a political dispute over an oil field on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border, Iraqi troops marched into Kuwait on August 2, 1990. After the removal of the emir and the government, the Kuwaiti territory was annexed, regardless of the unanimous condemnation by the UN Security Council. The main reason for the occupation of the oil-rich state was the conflict between the two states, which resulted from Iraq’s high debt (80 billion US dollars) as a result of the First Gulf War. When a UN ultimatum on the Iraqi withdrawal, limited to January 15, 1991, expired without result, Kuwait was defeated on January 27 during the five-week Second Gulf War.
A close security partnership exists with the United States, which acts as a guarantor of Kuwait’s national independence. In 2003, Kuwait was the starting point for the invasion of Iraq by US forces.
Biggest Cities of Kuwait by Population
|1||Al Ahmadi, Kuwait||637,522||29.0769||48.0839|
|3||As Salimiyah, Kuwait||147,760||29.3339||48.0761|
|4||Sabah as Salim, Kuwait||139,274||29.2572||48.0572|
|5||Al Farwaniyah, Kuwait||86,636||29.2775||47.9586|
|6||Al Fahahil, Kuwait||68,401||29.0825||48.1303|
|7||Kuwait City, Kuwait||60,175||29.3697||47.9783|
|8||Ar Rumaythiyah, Kuwait||58,246||29.3117||48.0742|
|9||Ar Riqqah, Kuwait||52,179||29.1458||48.0947|
|11||Al Manqaf, Kuwait||39,136||29.0961||48.1328|
|12||Ar Rabiyah, Kuwait||36,558||29.295||47.9331|
|14||Al Jahra’, Kuwait||24,392||29.3375||47.6581|
|15||Al Fintas, Kuwait||23,182||29.1739||48.1211|
|16||Janub as Surrah, Kuwait||18,607||29.2692||47.9781|
|17||Al Mahbulah, Kuwait||18,289||29.145||48.1303|
|18||Ad Dasmah, Kuwait||17,696||29.365||48.0014|
|19||Ash Shamiyah, Kuwait||13,873||29.3472||47.9617|
|20||Al Wafrah, Kuwait||10,128||28.6392||47.9306|
|21||Az Zawr, Kuwait||5,861||29.4425||48.2747|
Kuwait: Kuwait City
According to Abbreviation Finder, Kuwait Bay extends about 40 kilometers into the interior of the country. At the top of this indentation is the capital, which like the country is also called Kuwait. To differentiate it is also called Kuwait City.
In the north there is alluvial land that is already part of the alluvial plain of the Shatt al-Arab. In the south are the country’s oil fields, on which Kuwait’s great wealth is based. Kuwait City is the center of the country.